Hong Kong Xperia Care Customer Service Centre and Macau Authorized Service Centre provides warranty services in accordance to the below criteria
- Customer must provide the original purchasing invoice issued by authorized dealers*.
- The original purchase invoice must print clearly with the date of purchase, model number and IMEI/ESN number.
- Should the original purchasing invoice cannot be provided, a copy of the purchasing invoice can be provided via facsimile afterwards. Under such circumstance, the original purchasing invoice must be provided for verification upon the collection of the repaired product.
- Applicable to handsets, tablets and individually packaged accessories (Including Bluetooth headsets)
- Limited carry-in warranty service valid within one (1) year from purchase date.
- Warranty service valid within six (6) months from purchase date for supplied accessories.
- All accessories are repaired or exchanged for the same color as the original color of the purchased handset. In case where the accessory of the particular color being unavailable, the replacement of the accessory in other colors may be provided instead.
The below circumstances are excluded from warranty coverage. Product inspection fee would be charged at Xperia Care Customer Service Centre and Authorized Service Centre (Inspection fees are non-refundable or count towards the repair charges). The parts charge will be provided upon the completion of product inspection, customer can consider charged repair service in accordance to the repair quotation provided.
- Products not confirmed as official goods sold in the Hong Kong or Macau region (“Non-official goods”, or “Parallel import goods”)
- The provided invoice was not issued by authorized dealers*
- Products under normal wear and tear, physical damage, unauthorized modification to software and hardware, damages due to force majeure or moisture ingress as a result of usage under damp environment are excluded from product warranty.
- Product inspection fee: HK$ 200
- If Sony repairs or replaces the Product, the repair for the defect concerned, or the replaced Product shall be warranted for the remaining time of the original warranty period or for ninety (90) days from the date of repair, whichever is longer. Repair or replacement may involve the use of functionally equivalent reconditioned units. Replaced parts or components will become the property of Sony.
- This warranty does not cover any failure of the Product due to normal tear and wear, or due to misuse, including but not limited to use in other than the normal and customary manner, in accordance with the Sony instructions for use and maintenance of the Product. Nor does this warranty cover any failure of the Product due to accident, software or hardware modification or adjustment, acts of God or damage resulting from liquid.
- Minor variations in display brightness and colour may occur between the devices. There may be tiny bright or dark dots on the display. These are called defective pixels and occur when individual dots have malfunctioned and can not be adjusted. Two defective pixels are deemed acceptable.
- This warranty does not cover Product failures caused by installations, modifications, or repair or opening of the Product performed by a non-Sony authorized person.
- The warranty does not cover Product failures which have been caused by use of accessories or other peripheral devices which are not Sony branded original accessories intended for use with the Product
- Tampering with any of the seals on the Product will void the warranty
# In case of any discrepancy between the above and the “Important Information” document, available for download at below web channel link, the terms and conditions listed in the “Important Information” document shall prevail. In case of dispute, the decision of the Hong Kong Xperia Care Customer Service Centre and Macau Authorized Service Centre shall be final.
Sony reserves the right to alter the above terms and conditions and list of authorized dealers without further notice.