Follow the steps below to troubleshoot this issue.
- Update the TV software to the latest version. Updating the TV software may fix specific issues.
- If the TV turns on or off at regular intervals such as 30 minutes to an hour, or if the TV turns on or off when an HDMI-connected device is powered on or off, check the settings of the TV.
- Make sure the AC power cord (mains lead) is properly plugged in.
- If your TV has a power cord (mains lead) that can be removed, make sure that it is firmly plugged into the back of the TV.
- If the TV has a separate AC power adaptor, check the connection between the adaptor and power cord (mains lead) as well.
- Make sure that the power cord (mains lead) is properly plugged in to the AC outlet on the wall.
- Remove any power strips, surge suppressors, or other similar devices and plug the TV directly into the AC outlet on the wall to verify that these additional devices are not causing the issue.
- Try a different AC wall outlet and make sure the outlet is not controlled by a switch that is turned off.
- Remove the batteries from the remote and check whether or not the issue persists. This tests whether the remote is malfunctioning, rather than the TV.Notes:
- If you are using a multi-function remote in addition to the supplied one, check it too.
- Covering the remote control sensor of the TV is also a way to check whether the issue occurs. Refer to the manual for information about the location of the remote control sensor. However, you cannot verify using this method if the issue is caused by a remote control which is not an infrared type, such as the Touchpad Remote Control.
- Disconnect all external devices from the TV (USB, LAN, HDMI, Antenna, etc.) except the AC power cord (mains lead) and verify that external devices are not causing the issue. If it has improved, reconnect the devices one at a time until you find the device that is causing the issue.
- 1: TV terminals
- 2: Remove cables
- 3: External devices
- Make sure the Wi-Fi function of the TV is off.
- Perform a power reset.
- Reset the TV to the original factory settings.
The troubleshooting steps listed above should resolve your issue.
If the above steps do not help to resolve the symptom, the product may require Service.