How can I view movies saved on a computer or recording medium such as an external hard disk drive on a TV?
To play back movies saved on a computer:
- Connect the camcorder to the computer and write back the movies to the camcorder using the PlayMemories Home software.
NOTE: Only AVCHD, MP4 and XAVC S movies can be written back.
- Connect the camcorder to the TV by HDMI cable.
To play back movies saved on an external recording medium:
(This function is not available on some models.)
- Connect the camcorder to the external recording medium with the USB cable or USB Adaptor Cable VMC-UAM1 (sold separately).
NOTE: Use VMC-UAM2 (sold separately) if your camcorder is equipped with Multi Terminal.
- Connect the camcorder to the TV.
- Select the Play without copying option.
- Supply power to the camcorder using the AC Adaptor.
- The HDR-GW series do not support Easy Copy, the copy feature to an external recording medium.