How to change what the quick action buttons do in the Action Center.
The Action Center includes new quick action links, which can take you to your most-used apps and allow you to change settings instantly.
Once you click the Action Center icon, the row of four quick action buttons that appear at the bottom of the Action Center are quick actions that can be configured, if desired.
NOTE: Some quick actions are hidden until you click Expand. These hidden quick actions cannot be configured or changed.
Follow these steps to change the function of one or more of the four configurable quick action buttons.
- Click the Start button, and in the Start menu, click Settings.
NOTE: The Windows Logo + I key combination will also take you to the Settings screen.
- In the Settings window, click System.
- In the System window, on the left column, click Notifications & actions.
- In the Notifications & actions screen, under Quick actions, click the button you wish to change.
NOTE: The quick action buttons appear in the same order on the Notifications & actions screen as they do in the Action Center, so if you wish to change the third quick action button in the Action Center, click the third button.
- From the menu, click to select the desired action you wish to assign to the button.
- There are several pre-determined actions from which to choose.
- No two buttons can have the same action.
- All actions that are not assigned to the four configurable quick action buttons will be randomly assigned to the remaining hidden buttons in the Action Center, which can be viewed using the Expand button.