How to set up a TV for 3D viewing?
Set up a TV for 3D viewing.
Follow these steps to set up the TV for 3D viewing:
NOTE: 3D Ready TVs require the optional TMR-BR100 3D Sync Transmitter to be connected, compatible Active Shutter 3D Glasses and 3D integrated TVs have the transmitter installed in the TV. If you have a 3D Ready TV, follow all of the steps in this procedure. If you have a 3D integrated TV, start with step 3.
- Turn off the TV.
- Connect the 3D Sync Transmitter to the 3D Sync input on the back of TV.
Note: Make sure that 3D Menu is displayed on the screen by pressing the OPTION on the remote control, after the connection has been completed.
- Make sure 3D Sync Transmitter is located in a place where it is free from obstruction.
- For 3D integrated TV : Please do not put any objection in front of 3D Sync Trnasmitter which located on bottom right side of TV.
- For 3D ready TV : Setting the 3D Sync Transmitter on the top center of the TV is recommended as long as it is not being obstructed by the top of a cabinet or entertainment center.
- Connect the 3D source device to the TV using a High-Speed HDMI® cable.
- For more information regarding the HDMI cable required for 3D viewing visit http://www.hdmi.org
- If using a 3D capable Blu-ray Disc® (BD) player or PlayStation® 3 (PS3) console, insert a 3D movie or game title. If you have subscribed to 3D programming through your cable or satellite provider, tune the receiver or set-top box to the station with 3D programming.
Note: Confirm that your player does not need a software update to be capable of playing 3D BD discs. You can determine if your BD player needs a software update by accessing the customer support website for your particular model. When you have completed software update, please once eject the disc from BD player.
- Using the supplied remote, turn on the TV and press the INPUT button to select the appropriate HDMI input.
Put the 3D Glasses on.
When using Active 3D Glasses with the TV for the first time, you need to do registration.
If no 3D effect is achieved, perform the next steps below.
Press the 3D button repeatedly to select the 3D Display or 3D Format (depends on your TV model/country/region) mode to suit the displayed content.
(When using the Touchpad Remote Control, press the Control Bar, slide the touchpad to highlight the 3D button, press the touchpad, slide the touchpad to highlight the desired 3D Display mode, then press the touchpad.)
Note: If the TV does not display the 3D Format menu, your TV may be in SYNC mode. Press SYNC MENU button and select TV Control. The 3D option will now appear when pressing the OPTION button.
- At this point the image on the TV may appear blurry or out of focus. Put on the 3D glasses and synchronize (sync) them with the TV.