To capture the video images from a Digital 8 or MiniDV Handycam to a computer:
* The computer must have an IEEE 1394 i.LINK port and compatible video capture software installed to complete this procedure.
* IEEE 1394 i.LINK ports may have four or six pin connections. Sony Handycams use i.LINK ports with four pins.
1. Connect a i.LINK cable to the i.LINK jack of the Handycam.
2. Connect the other end of the i.LINK cable to the i.LINK port on the computer.
3. Turn on the Handycam to PLAYBACK or PLAY/EDIT mode.
* Please use the supplied AC Adaptor as the power source.
* The name of the power switch on the Handycam varies depending on the model.
4. Insert the cassette containing the video to transfer to the computer into Handycam.
5. Turn on the computer.
6. Start the video capture software and transfer the images from the Handycam to the computer.
To transfer video images from a Handycam to the computer using Pixela ImageMixer:
1. Start the Pixela ImageMixer software.
2. At the ImageMixer screen, click Capture Environment.
3. At the ImageMixer window, click DV Camcorder Capture.
4. Click Preferences.
5. At the Capturing/Recording Preferences window, select Capture using DV Cam and click OK.
6. At the ImageMixer screen, click the Enable Movie Scene Capturing button.
* The capture window will display the video from the Handycam.
* The still image may be captured directly from the Handycam while recording in real time or during playback of the tape.
7. Click the Begin/Stop button to start video capture.
8. Click the Begin/Stop button when video capture is completed.
The video images are transferred to the computer now.
To transfer video images from a Handycam to the computer using Picture Package Auto Video:
1. At the Hanydcam, go to menu setting and set to USB STREAM.
Note: The procedure of the menu settings varies depending on the model.
4. Search for desired point on the tape to start copying.
5. Connect the supplied USB cable to the USB jack of the Handycam.
6. Connect the other end of the supplied USB cable to the USB port of the computer.
The Picture Package Menu screen appears automatically.
* USB MODE appears on the LCD screen of the Handycam.
* If the Picture Package Menu does not screen appear, click Start, Programs, Picture Package, Picture Package Auto Video, Picture Package Auto Video. The Automatic Video Producer screen appears. (Please proceed to Step 8.)
7. At the Picture Package Menu screen, click Automatic Video Producer.
The Automatic Video Producer screen appears.
8. Click Music settings.
9. At the Select music file setting, select the desired music and click OK.
Note: Music can be selected from the music files stored in the computer or audio CD.
10. Click Effect settings.
11. At the Select effects setting, select the desired effect and click OK.
12. Click Output settings setting, select the desired location to store the images.
Note: If Video CD is selected, insert a CD-R recording media into the CD-RW drive and click OK. CD-RWs recording media cannot be used.
13. Click Start.
The movie is automatically copied from the Handycam and is edited with selected music and effects.
14. When the recording is completed, a Complete screen appears.
15. At the Complete screen, click No.
Note: To create another copy with the same content, click Yes.
The video is now created in the desired output.