IMPORTANT: This article only applies to specific products. Please check the "Supported products" in this article.
You can connect a supported Android smartphone and the TV with a Micro USB cable to enjoy content (Photos, Music, Videos) saved in the smartphone on the TV. You can also perform such operations with the TV’s remote control. Refer to the information below for more about supported devices and the operating procedure.
[A] Android smartphone
[B] TV’s remote control
- BRAVIA TV:
- X70xxE Series, X70xxF Series, X73xF Series, X72xF Series
- W77xE Series, W75xE Series, W62xE Series, W67xE Series, W61xE Series, W66xE Series, W62xF Series, W67xF Series, W61xF_W66xF Series
- R4xxE Series, R3xxE Series, RF45x Series, R42xF Series, R3xxF Series<
- Smartphone: Android 4.1 or later
NOTE: Other smartphone OSes, including iOS and Windows, are not supported. This feature may not be supported depending on the Android smartphone model.
Supported file formats:
For details about file formats, refer to the manual of your TV.
The following video introduces how to connect an Android Device with a USB Cable and display content on the BRAVIA TV.
- Prepare the Android smartphone and Micro USB cable.
- Connect the TV and smartphone with the Micro USB cable.
- Set the USB setting of the smartphone to File Transfers or MTP mode.
Example of the screen:
- Open the TV’s Media Player app.
- Press the HOME button on the remote control.
- Select Media.
- Select Photo, Music or Video.
- When you select Photo, Music or Video two folders are displayed as shown in the following figure.
Content in each folder from the smartphone’s internal and external memory.
All photo/music/video content from the smartphone’s internal and external memory.
NOTE: If there is a Picture folder in both the internal memory and external memory of the smartphone, both Picture folders will appear separately.
- Select content with the TV’s remote control. The color keys can be used to toggle between Photo, Music and Video.