How to troubleshoot when audio is output from both the TV and Sound bar
IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
Follow these steps if the TV and the Soundbar are connected with an HDMI cable and audio comes out of the TV's built-in speakers and the Soundbar at the same time.
Note: For details about connecting method or settings of the TV and the Soundbar refer to the product manual or Help Guide.
- Make sure that the TV and the Soundbar are connected using an HDMI cable, as well as an Optical digital cable. Using only an Optical digital cable will cause the issue.
- Check the Speakers setting on the TV. Depending on the TV specifications or settings, the TV can output the sound to both the TV and Soundbar. To output only from the Soundbar, check the following:
- When Speakers is set to TV speaker, change the setting to Audio System.
- When Speakers is set to Audio System, switch the setting to TV speaker once, and set it back to Audio System.
- If the above steps do not work, the HDMI connection may not be detected. Follow these steps to re-activate the HDMI connection of the TV and the Soundbar:
- Turn off the TV and the Soundbar, and turn them on in the following order: TV, Soundbar.
- Check that the Soundbar turns on or off at the same time as the TV power on or off. This can verify if the HDMI function works well.
Note: If the Soundbar doesn't turn on or off along with the TV, follow these steps to activate the TV settings and check step 3 again.
An example of the setting of BRAVIA TV:
- Settings → Channels & Inputs → External inputs → BRAVIA Sync settings, and then set Device auto power off and Device auto power on to ON.
- Settings → Watching TV → External inputs → BRAVIA Sync settings, and then set Device auto power off and Device auto power on to ON.
- Settings → External inputs → BRAVIA Sync settings, and then set Device auto power off and Device auto power on to ON.
- Reset the TV and the Soundbar.
Note: For details about resetting the devices, refer to the following articles, product manual, or Help Guide:
- If the above steps do not work, mute either the TV or the Soundbar to output the sound only from the other device.