IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
What is the sound of the Subwoofer?
Since a Subwoofer is designed to play bass sounds, when you play an audio source that has fewer low frequencies, the sound from the Subwoofer can be harder to hear. To make sure the Subwoofer outputs sound properly, try playing an audio source that will make it easy to confirm the bass sound, such as a movie.
Make sure the Subwoofer is connected and turned on
Make sure that the Subwoofer is properly connected to the Soundbar, and that the Subwoofer's indicator lights up.
Follow these steps to troubleshoot the issue
- On the remote control, press the + (plus) button of the SW (subwoofer volume) to turn up the subwoofer volume.
Note: The button name varies depending on the model (subwoofer volume, BASS, etc.).
- If Night mode is set to ON, set it to OFF.
Note: For details regarding Night mode, refer to the product manual.
- For HT-S2000, HT-A7000, HT-A5000, and HT-A3000 models, check the following settings:
- Using the Sony | Home Entertainment Connect app, select Settings → Sound Settings.
- Select Speaker position and volume level settings → Volume level, and then adjust the Subwoofer volume level.
- HT-A7000, HT-A5000, HT-A3000: Make sure the Sound Field Optimization is complete:
- On the remote control, press the HOME button.
- Select Setup.
- Select Advanced Settings.
- Select Speaker Settings.
- Select Sound Field Optimization, and follow the on-screen instructions.
Note: For details, refer to the Help Guide.
Play the test tone or built-in demo music.
Try to play the test tone or built-in demo music to verify if any sound is coming out of the subwoofer:
- HT-A7000, HT-A5000, HT-A3000
- HT-A9, HT-X9000F, HT-Z9F
- HT-S20R, HT-S40R
- Other models