IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
To force the device to restart or shut down
- Long press the power key and the volume up key at the same time until your device vibrates.
- Depending on whether you wish to force the device to restart or shut down, proceed as follows.
- If you wish to force restart the device: Release the keys at this point. The device restarts.
- If you wish to force shut down the device: Continue pressing the keys. After a few more seconds, the device vibrates 3 times and turns off.
To turn on your device
- Long press the power key until the device vibrates.
- Enter your SIM card PIN when requested, then tap (Done icon).
- Wait a moment for the device to start.
- If a forced restart procedure doesn't succeed, you should try the 2-minute restart procedure.
To force a 2-minute restart
- Long press both the volume up key and the power key for 2 minutes, ignoring any vibrations.
- Release the keys. The device turns off automatically.
- Charge the device until a charging icon appears on the screen.
- Turn on your device.