I would like to know about the changes of PictureGear Ver.5.0. from Ver.4.1.
The new functions of PictureGear Ver.5.0:
1. Link with SonyPDA (CLIE)
- Transmission of images (still images and moving images) from PictureGear to SonyPDA (CLIE) with the HotSync function.
Register PictureGear to the sending image and to the destination user and connect SonyPDA to the computer. Execute HotSync on the computer and the image can be sent to SonyPDA automatically.
* Click [Output Service] -> [Install the image during the next HotSync] from the [File] menu of PictureGear.
- Capability of displaying images (still images and moving images) on SonyPDA (CLIE) via a memory stick.
The image of PictureGear can be displayed on SonyPDA (CLIE) using the memory stick.
(The image data, which will be stored to the memory stick, is converted to the format to be read by SonyPDA (CLIE).)
* Click [Output Service] -> [Output Sony Handheld format file to Memory Stick] from the [File] menu of PictureGear.
2. Homepage Maker
- Creation of the top page
You can create the first page of your home page.
There is a link to each of the created and registered HTML albums.
- Upload of the created HTML albums
It can upload the HTML albums created with Album Maker to a server.
- Backup of the home page
It can back up the home page uploaded to the server onto the hard disk drive of your computer.
- Management of HTML albums
It can register the HTML files created with applications other than Album Maker to Homepage Maker and delete unnecessary albums.
- Addition of HTML albums
It can additionally upload HTML albums to the home page already created.
- Deletion of HTML albums
It can delete HTML albums from the home page already created.
The changes from PictureGear Ver5.0 from Ver.4.1:
1. Reinforcement of Help
- Addition of the [Let's Try] button
Clicking the [Let's Try] button in the toolbar allows even a beginner to operate PictureGear easily, since options such as [View/Edit stills] and [Make Labels] acts as a guide for easy understanding.
- Change of file formats for the on-line help (hlp-chm)
- Enhancement of [About PictureGear: PictureGear Function]
There is a link to the pages on the description of the newly added functions of PictureGear in Q&A format.
2. Addition of usable file formats
- Addition of audio file formats reproducible with PictureGear
MIDI format (extension: .MIDI)
MP3 format (extension: .RMP.MP2)
It can only display data in the MemoryStick Audio format (extension .MSA).
* It is the file format used for MemoryStick Walkman NW-MS7, etc.
It can only display data in the MemoryStick Voice format (extension: .MSV).
* It is the file format used for MemoryStick IC Recorder ICD-MS1, etc.
- Addition of image file formats writable with PictureGear
PNG format (extension: .PNG)
PH format (extension: .PDB)
* It is the format to output images in the SonyPDA format.
- Image in the display window
When you have zoomed a slide image on the display window by double-clicking on the slide image (still image), you can specify the following as print options.
-> Catalog print
-> File name print
-> Output to file (Output.prn as standard)
- Display view of images
Designed print is added to Print Layout to print selected multiple slide images.
4. Edit window
When you double-click on a slide image (still image) to display it on the display window and select [Show Editor] from the [Edit] menu, the [Editor] window appears. You can work on the image (rotate the image and change its size) and filter it on this window.
- Pasting an image through Clipboard
You can store an image to Clipboard by specifying the range of the displayed image and paste it on other software.
5. Sending a slide image with a mail
You can send a slide image by attaching it to an electronic mail.
* Click [Output Service] -> [Send by Mail] from the [File] menu of the slide.
You can adjust the size of the attached file.
6. Wallpaper Maker 2 Ver.1.0
Wallpaper Maker has been updated to Wallpaper Maker 2.
7. Album Maker 2 Ver.1.0
Album Maker has been updated to Album Maker 2.
The template (i-mode), background, slide frame and slide information have been added.
8. Operation with Jog Dial
The use of Jog Dial allows you to display slides and select menu items without the use of the mouse.
* This function can only be used on VAIO computers that are equipped with Jog Dial.
9. Processing window
- The [Now Loading] indicator always appears in the processing window for a few seconds before displaying a slide.
- When you select multiple slides and display one of them on the processing window, you can switch it to another slide on the same window.
* When you select one slide, it will be displayed on the processing window but you cannot switch it to another slide on the same window, as is the case with PictureGear Ver.4.1.