1. Without the AC Adapter attached to the VAIO computer but with the battery inserted, switch on the unit. If the VAIO computer boots up, the battery is working but may require charging.
2. If the VAIO computer does not boot, turn it off. Remove the battery and reinsert it again. Then, switch on the VAIO computer. If the VAIO computer boots up after this, clean the contacts on the battery after switching off the VAIO computer.
3. If the VAIO computer does not boot after reinserting the battery, turn it off and plug the AC adapter to the VAIO computer. Switch on the VAIO computer through the AC outlet.
4. Start Battery Scope. If Battery Scope displays 0%, Full charge capacity shows 0 maH and Design Capacity shows 0 maH, the battery needs to be replaced. Close Battery Scope.
5. If Battery Scope displays results other than 0%, the battery may just need to be charged. Leave Battery Scope running and observe increases in Remaining Capacity and/or Battery Level.
6. If the charged battery does not last, it may need replacement.