When the player does not turn on, it may caused by the following:
- The HOLD switch is set to the HOLD position.
Slide the HOLD switch to the opposite position.
2: HOLD switch. If HOLD appears on the screen, slide the HOLD switch in the opposite direction of the arrow to cancel the HOLD function.
- If you press the button immediately after turning off your Walkman, the Walkman does not start due to the shutting down process. Wait for a few seconds, then turn on the power.
- The remaining battery power is low or insufficient.
Charge the battery by connecting your Walkman to a running computer. If you charge the battery and nothing changes, press the RESET button to reset the Walkman.
1: Reset button
- There is not enough free space in the built-in memory.
- For details, see the capacity for files and folders on our online manual.
- At least 20 MB of free space is necessary to function normally. If you want to check the free space, open My Computer or Computer – WALKMAN, right-click Storage Media to display the menu, and then select Properties.
Data hierarchy may differ, depending on your computer environment.