Error Defragmenting Drive C
ID: DEFRAG 00205
Microsoft has confirmed the symptom.
To resolve the symptom, delete all contents of the [Applog] folder with the following procedure and run the disk defragmentor.
1) Double-click the [My Computer] icon on the desktop.
2) In the case of Windows Me, click [Folder Options] from the [Tools] menu.
In the case of Windows 98*, click [Folder Options] from the [View] menu.
3) Click the [View] tab.
Click the [Show all files] option button (in the case of Windows 98SE) or [Show hidden files and folders] (in the case of Windows Me] and click [OK].
4) Click [Start] -> [Find] (or [Search]) -> [Files or Folders].
5) Enter [applog] in the [Named] box.
6) Click [C:] in the [Look in] box and select the [include sub folders] (in the case of Windows 98(SE)] checkbox. Click [Find Now] (or [Search Now]).
7) Double-click the displayed [Applog] folder.
8) Click [Select All] from the [Edit] menu.
9) Click [Delete] on the [File] menu. When the confirmation message for deletion appears, click [Yes].
10) Close all the displayed windows.
For further information, please refer to the following solution in the Microsoft technical support website.
Article ID: Q238165
Last Reviewed: October 20, 2000
Title: Defrag Error Message: ID NO. DEFRAG 00205