Which types of USB controllers, OHCI or UCHI, does my VAIO computer support?
Please refer to the following procedure to check the type of controller equipped to your VAIO computer.
1) Click [Start], point to [Settings], and then click [Control Panel]. Then double-click the [System] icon.
2) The [System Properties] window appears. Click the [Device Manager] tab.
In the case of Windows 2000 pre-installed models, click the [Hardware] tab, and then click the [Device Manger] button.
3) Double-click [Universal Serial Bus Controllers] to check the name of the controller. The displayed name will indicate the type of controller that the VAIO computer supports.
Open Host Controller ---> OHCI
Universal Host Controller ---> UHCI
Standard Universal PCI to USB Host Controller ---> UHCI
The names of controller displayed may vary depending on the VAIO computer you use.
OHCI and UHCI are the standards of the USB host controller chips.
- UHCI (Universal Host Controller Interface)
Chip set of Intel Corp.
- OHCI (Open Host Controller Interface)
Compatible chip set of companies other than Intel Corp.