* New User Interface (UI) [Home and Professional]
Facilitate searching for required data at specific time
* Reliability [Home and Professional]
Configured on the reliability-proven kernel of Windows 2000
* Windows Media Player for Windows XP [Home and Professional]
Primary software for searching, playing back, managing and storing digital media
* Network Setup Wizard [Home and Professional]
Facilitating the sharing of a computer and devices by combining them at home
* Windows Messenger [Home and Professional]
Communication/collaboration tool with Instant Messaging, Audio/Video Meeting and application sharing function
* Help and Support Center [Home and Professional]
Providing easy recovery from troubles and necessary help and support
* Support for enhanced mobile functions accessible from outside [Home and Professional]
Expansion support of notebook computers (Clear type support, multi-monitor, improvement of power management), providing an environment where user can operate the computer in the office remotely.
* Wireless connection [Home and Professional
Automatic configuration of 802.1x wireless network
* Remote desktop [Professional]
User can access the data and applications in a computer remotely from another computer.
* Off-line files and off-line folders [Professional]
Even when the connection is discontinued from the server, you can access files and folders shared on the network.
* Faster response even in processing multi-tasks [Home and Professional]
* High-speed startup and improvement of power management) [Home and Professional]
Startup or resume is done at higher speed.
* Multi-task [Home and Professional]
Operat multiple applications at the same time.
* Expandable processor support [Professional Only]
Supporting up to 2 multi-processors
* Retention of data security and protection of user privacy
* Firewall for the Internet connection [Home and Professional]
Protecting your computer automatically from unauthorized access during the Internet connection
* Internet Explorer 6 Privacy support [Home and Professional]
Protecting private information during access to Web pages
* Encryption of file system [Professional]
Protecting confidential data in files saved to the NTFS file system
* Access control [Professional]
Limiting access to the selected files, applications and other resources
* Coordination between Microsoft Windows Server and management solutions
* Central control [Professional]
Providing the use of wide range and powerful management/security tools by bringing the Windows XP Professional system in the Windows Server domain
* Group policy [Professional]
Simplifying the management of user and computer groups
* Installation and maintenance of software [Professional]
Automating the installation, settings, recovery and deletion of software applications
* Roaming of user profiles [Profesional]
Can access all documents and settings of a user regardless of whether the user log on to the system or not.
* Remote install service (RIS) [Professional]
Can install the remote operating system in the environment via the network.
* Dynamic disk [Professional]
Two or more hard disks efficient management of a drive and a disk domain is realized. (it cannot be used by notebook computer) .
* Efficient communications with external world
* Binary common to all language versions [Home and Professional]
In any language versions of Windows XP, you can enter any language you like or execute Win32 applications in any language
* Multi-lingual user interface (MUI) [Professional]
Can change the user interface language, in compliance with the languages in dialog boxes, menus, help files, dictionary and proof tools. To use this function, user must purchase the multi-language version (MUI) provided under the volume license program.
* IIS (Internet Information Service) [Professional]
Information can be sent to the Internet and intranet by Web.