1. Check that the AC adaptor and power cable is Sony's genuine products.
The normal operation of VAIO related products is guaranteed only when used with the Sony's genuine AC adaptor and power cable. Use of non-genuine products may cause unexpected problems.
2. Check that the power supply is normally.
3. Check that the wall outlet is powered.
Connect other electrical products to the wall outlet to determine if the outlet is powered properly.
If possible, connect the peripheral devices directly to the wall outlet.
4. Check that the power supply meets the operating standards (AC100V, 50/60Hz) of VAIO related products.
Power supply that is unstable in output voltage or out of the operating standards may be used. Devices can operate within an allowable difference range of 10%. If the power supply is out of this allowable range, devices cannot work.
5. Check that the connection between the power cable and the VAIO computer is normal.
Reconnect the power cable to determine if the peripheral device is turned on.
* Some peripheral devices are powered through the VAIO computer.
6. Check that the storage/operating environment (temperature, humidity etc.) is acceptable.
Depending on the environment where the VAIO computer is stored or operated, they cannot be turned on sometimes.
Note: Even if the room temperature and humidity is at an acceptable standard of the VAIO computer, the temperature and humidity inside the computer may not be so.
Please refer to the Operating Instructions for the standards of the VAIO related products.
7. Check if condensation has occurred.
Condensation takes place on the surface or inside the VAIO computer when
- the computer is moved from a colder to a warmer environment or,
- the computer is used in a cold room where the air-conditioner is just turned on or in a highly humid place.
Turning on a VAIO computer where condensation has occurred may create problems to it. Do not turn on the computer and leave the computer as it is until condensation disappears.
8. Check if the symptom occured after a stoke of lightning.
The products may not be turned on due to possible damage by the lightning.
If the problem persists, please bring the device to the local service center for inspection.