- Unable to use now.
- Unable to be recognized.
- The system hangs up.
In addition, unable to install the drivers for any other PC cards.
The following solution is for the inability of installing the PC Card driver into the registry.
A. Updating/Reinstalling the driver for the PC card.
1. Contact the PC card manufacturer or access their web site to obtain a latest device driver for the PC card. Perform an update of the latest driver.
2. Click Start-Setings-Control Panel, and double-click System.
3. Double-click on the properties of the PC card driver.
4. Click Driver tab and click Update Driver. Make sure that the correct driver is selected.
B. Remove all the unnecessary or duplicated devices from Windows® registry. Perform the following if updating the driver could not solve the problem.
1. Power on the computer, press F8 when the Sony logo appears to enter into Microsoft Windows 98 Startup Menu.
2. Select Safe mode and press Enter.
3. Click Start-Settings-Control Panel and double-click System. Click Device Manager tab. Remove any devices that had not existed on the default setting (shipped from the factory).
- Remove all unnecessary or duplicate devices may be listed.
- When unnecessary devices are deleted, Windows® will recognize the hardware and loads necessary devices automatically as in step 6 below.
Some devices cannot be restored without executing the System Recovery CD-ROM (such as the infrared communication driver).
4. Delete unnecessary devices and restart Windows®.
5. Press F2 while the Sony logo is being displayed to enter the BIOS setup program.
- On the EXIT menu of the program, select the option Get Default Values and then press Enter twice.
- Then, select the option Save Changes and press Enter to close the program.
6. Restart Windows® to make sure that the computer starts up normally. The computer may start to detect hardwares and load the necessary drivers. Allow all the loadings of necessary drivers to be completed first.
7. Insert the PC card.
- Ensure that the PC card is detected by the computer and the necessary driver is loaded. If a beep sound has been heard, then the procedure has been done.
- If the PC card is not recognized on the computer, leave the PC card in the computer and then restart Windows® and repeat step 7.