To change the settings of the MOTION EYE camera, please follow the steps below:
1. Start Control Panel.
2. Click Printers and Other Hardware and click MOTION EYE.
Alternatively, start JogDial, click VAIO Settings and click Camera Settings.
* Items setting in Camera Setting Utility
To adjust the brightness of an image. Move the slider to the right and the image becomes brighter. Move it to the left and the image becomes darker.
Brightness is used when the image is recorded in a back-light scene or in a dark place. When the slider is adjusted to the brighter level in the dark place, the image becomes coarse sometimes.
To adjust the contrast between dark portions and bright portions of an image. Move the slider to the right and the contrast becomes stronger. Move it to the left and the contrast becomes weaker.
To adjust the tint of an image. Move the slider to the right and the image becomes reddish. Move it to the left and the image becomes greenish.
To adjust the color depth of an image. Move the slider to the right and the color becomes deeper. Move it to the left and the color becomes shallower.
To adjust the sharpness of an image. Move the slider to the right and the image becomes sharper. Move it to the left, the image becomes softer.
- Auto*1: The white balance is automatically adjusted to realize natural tint corresponding to the light at the time of recording. Sony recommends this setting.
- Indoor: A mode suitable for recording an image under indoor lighting.
Use this mode when recording the image in places such as a party venue where lighting conditions change, a studio that is lighted with video lights and in the environment lighted with sodium lamps and mercury lamps.
Sony recommends recording the image in the Auto or Hold mode under florescent lighting.
- Outdoor: A mode suitable for recording an image outdoors or under sunlight.
Also use this mode when recording night views, neon signs and fireworks, and record an image at sunrise or sunset, and under day-light florescent lamps.
- Hold: To keep the white balance last used.
It is suitable for recording the image of an object or background where the color becomes almost one tone across the image.
- Auto: Adjusts the shutter speed in accordance with the recording conditions. Sony recommends this setting.
- Fixed: Fixes the shutter speed.
Use it for recording the image under florescent lamps where brightness flickers.
- Hold: Holds the shutter speed last used and stops it from changing automatically.
- Slow: The exposure time becomes longer and an image can be recorded brighter even in a dark place.
*1: User can adjust it manually so that an image can be recorded with natural color under the light of the environment where the image is recorded. The tint of the recorded image is automatically adjusted, reflecting the difference of the light source such as indoor lighting and sunlight. Use when recording the image in places such as a party venue where lighting conditions change, night views and neon signs outdoors, and the grass or the sky where it is almost one color on the image.
*2: An electronic shutter is used. User can fix the shutter speed in accordance with lighting conditions. The default is in the Auto mode.