Err Msg: Error Copying: Cannot copy (xx file); Files on this CD-ROM drive are read-only. User cannot copy or move files over to this CD-ROM drive.
This is due to the Enable CD recording on this drive option of the DVD/CD-RW drive is not selected.
To select this option, please follow the steps below:
1. Click Start and click My Computer.
2. Right-click the DVD/CD-RW icon and click Properties.
3. Click the Recording tab.
4. Select the Enable CD recording on this drive option.
5. Click OK.
* If after trying the above steps, data is still can't be copied onto the CD-R/RW media, please try the following steps:
1. Change another CD-R/RW media.
2. Update the latest firmware of the CD-R/RW ROM and update the latest software version by:
- In the Downloads section, please select Notebook and proceed with the steps below:
A. Move the cursor to the relevant Notebook Series and click the model of the VAIO computer.
B. Locate any latest firmware or updates and proceed as per instructions on the screen.