PCG-FR series notebook computers
* Applicable only to the models equipped with "QSI CD-RW/DVD-ROM SBW-241"
Firstly, perform the normal checking procedure when the computer does not recognize a CD-ROM (music CD), CD-R/RW and DVD-R/RW disc.
If the problem persists, please follow the steps below to check if the VAIO computer is using the QSI CD-RW/DVD-ROM SBW-241
1. Click Start, right-click on My Computer and then click Properties.
2. Click the Hardware tab and then click Device Manager.
3. Double-click on CD-RW/DVD-ROM Drive.
4. Check if QSI CD-RW/DVD-ROM SBW-241 is shown.
If QSI CD-RW/DVD-ROM SBW-241 is shown, you will need to download the Optical Drive Ver.VS04 Upgrade patch. Please visit the downloads section and select your relevant model and software patch.
Note: If QSI CD-RW/DVD-ROM SBW-241 is not shown, do not install the update program.
If the problem persists even after the installation of the update program, please bring the machine to the local Service Center for inspection.