1) First check which software or hardware you installed before the problem occured,
2) Try to remove the software that causes the problem from the [Add/Remove Programs] icon in the [Control Panel], shutdown completely and restart the computer to verify if there are no Errors Messages anymore.
3) If the problem still persists, enter the BIOS setup of the computer by pressing the [F2] key when the SONY logo appears when you reboot,
4) Press [F9] to [Get Default Values] and [F10] to [Save and Exit].
5) When the SONY logo appears hit the [F8] Key several times.
6) In the [Microsoft Windows 98 Startup Menu], select the [Command Prompt Only].
7) At the [C:\] command prompt, type the following command line : "c:\scanreg /restore" (You will get the Microsoft Registry Checker in which you can restore All the system files and the registry),
8) In the [Registry Backup] utility, select the Registry Backup from the previous day, and click on [Restore]. You should get the following message " YOU HAVE RESTORED A GOOD REGISTRY".
9) If you get a message [Failed], try to restore another Registry.
10) Re-boot the computer, if you get no error message, try to remove the Software that causes the problem from the [Add Remove Software] icon in the [Control Panel], and restart the computer to verify if there are no Errors Messages anymore.