To change the font, size and colors of the desktop items, please follow the steps below.
1. Click Start, point to Settings and click Control Panel.
2. Click Appearance and Themes and click Display.
3. Click Advanced.
4. From the Item list, click the Window element to be changed. The items in the list are:
- 3D Objects
- Distance between icons (lateral)
- Distance between icons (vertical)
- Border of active window
- Active title bar
- Working area of application
- Scroll bar
- Title buttons
- Pallet titles
- Message boxes
- Selected items
- Borders of inactive windows
- Inactive title bars
* Some options cannot be used for some window elements.
5. Change the selected window element as below.
In the Size text box, specify the size to be used for this item.
In the Color text box, specify the color to be used for this item.
In the Font list, click Font to be used for this item.
In the Size text box, specify the font size to be used for this item.
In the Color text box, specify the color to be used.
To make the font bold, click B. To make the font italic, click I.
For more information, please refer to the following solution in Microsoft's technical support website.
Article ID: Q310543
Last Reviewed: October 18, 2001
Title: Title: How to Change the Font, Size and Colors of Desktop Items