Follow the steps below to search for the hidden and system files.
1. Click Start>, and then click Search.
2. Click All files and folders.
3. Click More Advanced Options.
4. Select the Search System Folders and Search hidden files and folders check boxes.
5. Enter any search conditions preferred and click the Search button.
Note: When searching for hidden and system files, user is not required to click the Show hidden files and folders option under the View tab in the Folder Options dialog box.
For more details, please refer to the following solution in Microsoft's technical support website.
Article ID: Q302347
Last Reviewed: November 2, 2001
Title: How To: Search For Hidden or System Files
Article ID: Q308895
Last Modified: February 15, 2002
Title: HOW TO: Search for Files and Folders in Windows XP