Please refer to the steps below to restore the deleted Show Desktop icon to the quick launch tool bar in the relevant Operating Systems:
A. For Windows® 98 and Windows® Me
1. Click Start and click Search - For Files or Folders.
2. Perform a search for the file Show Desktop.scf.
Usually, this file is located in C:\\Windows\System.
3. Once the file is located, right-click the quick launch bar and click Open. Copy the Show Desktop.scf file to the Quick Launch folder.
If this file cannot be located, create a new Show Desktop.scf file with the following steps for Windows® 2000.
B. For Windows® 2000
1. Right-click the quick launch tool bar and click Open Folder.
2. Click the File tab.
3. Click New - Text Document.
4. Double-click to open the New Text Document icon and enter the following:
5. Click Save as, enter Show Desktop.scf and click Save.
6. When the Show Desktop icon is created, delete the New Text Document icon.