Depending on your camera, you may have a setting selected that allows multi image capture.
Here are some scenarios when multi image capture is used:
- The camera is set to shoot with Superior Auto.
- Drive Mode set to Continuous Shooting.
- ISO is set to Multi Frame Noise Reduction (NR).
- DRO/Auto HDR is set to Auto HDR.
- Picture Effect is set to HDR Painting or Rich-tone Mono.
- Scene Selection is set to Handheld Twilight or Anti Motion Blur.
Make sure none of the settings above are selected if you do not want to shoot multiple images.