To keep the battery life longer, perform the following steps:
1. Save the consumption of the power for hard drive.
- When user does not operate some applications, set the computer in system suspend mode or system hibernation (Save To Disk).
- Execute the Disk Defragmenter. It will reorganize data on a file system and partition, and improve the speed to access to the hard drive.
- Disable the settings of the application that requires access to the hard disk drive such as Auto Saving or Spelling check.
- Add main memory. The number of swapping decreases and the access to the hard disk drive also decreases.
2. Turn off the device when not in use.
- Set the computer to video standby to save the consumption of power from the LCD when it is not in use.