Follow the steps below to start Windows in Safe Mode:
1. Switch on the VAIO computer.
2. When the Sony Logo appears, press the Ctrl key.
3. When the Microsoft Windows 98 Startup Menu window appears, choose 3. Safe mode.
4. The error message SBS.DRV appears. Continue by clicking OK.
5. When the Windows is running in safe mode message appears, click OK.
Only minimum drivers are loaded when Windows is running in Safe Mode. Therefore some programs cannot work in the Safe Mode. To return to the normal mode, click Start, Shut Down and choose Restart in the Shut Down menu.