To check for disk error, please follow the steps below.
1. Double-click My Computer and right-click the required drive
2. Click Properties and click the Tools tab.
3. In Error-checking, click Check Now.
4. Select the Automatically fix file system errors and Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors options, if necessary.
5. Click Start to proceed with the scanning of the disk.
* When the Automatically fix file system errors option is selected, the message This disk check could not be performed because exclusive access to the drive could not be obtained. Do you want to schedule this disk check to occur the next time you restart the computer? appears.
Click Yes will enable disk check the next time the computer restarts.
- Close all programs before carrying out the disk check.
- Other functions that uses the drive on which Disk Check is in operation cannot be used.
- When the drive is formatted with NTFS, all file transactions are automatically stored on the log, defective clusters are replaced and the copies of the key information of all files on the NTFS volumes are stored.