Err Msg: Error 769: Either you specified a destination address that is not valid, or your remote server is down.
This symptom may be due to the network adapter not being enabled.
Please refer to the steps below to enable the network adapter and execute Network Setup Wizard.
1. Click Start and click Control Panel.
2. Click Performance and Maintenance.
3. Click System.
4. Click the Hardware tab and click Device Manager.
5. Select the desired network adapter and click Enable.
6. Close the Device Manager window.
7. Click Start and click All Programs -> Accessories -> Communication -> Network Setup Wizard.
8. Establish the desired settings according to the instructions of the wizard.
9. After completing the settings, restart the computer.
For more information, please refer to the following solution in Microsoft's technical support website.
Article ID: 316395
Last Revised: April 9, 2002
Title: "Error 769": Error Message When You Try to Connect to the Internet Through a PPPoE connection