SonicStage Backup Tools can be used to back up the data in SonicStage. Please refer to the steps below:
A. How to back up data
- Data cannot be backed up while SonicStage is running.
Please ensure the following before backing up the data:
- Close all other programs.
- Check-in songs through an external device or media.
- SonicStage Backup Tool is capable of backing up and restoring a WMT-ready audio file. However, SonicStage Backup Tool cannot back up copyright information that is downloaded together with the WMT-ready audio file. In the following cases, the copyright information of the WMT-ready audio file must be downloaded again after the restoration of the backed-up data.
a. When backed-up data is restored after the recovery of the computer.
b. When backed-up data is restored to another computer
- If WMT-ready audio file is imported by converting its format to the OpenMG format, the audio file converted to the OpenMG format can be backed up and restored. In this case, the copyright information of the original WMT-ready audio file is not backed up either.
- If a song is larger in size than the free capacity of the medium, back up is not possible. In this case, use a medium that is larger or secure necessary space in the hard disk drive before back up.
- During the back up process, do not allow the system to suspend or hibernate. The data may be lost, or backup and restoration may not be normally executed.
- When SonicStage Backup Tool is running, the suspend function (standby and hibernation) and a screen saver controlled by the timer of the computer do not work.
1. Click Start, click All Programs, click SonicStage and click SonicStage Backup Tools.
2. Select the Back up my data option and click Next twice.
3. Select the Hard disk or Removal media option, select a backup destination and click Next.
- To specify a folder, click Browse and select the folder to save the backup data. (For example, drive C)
4. Enter a name of the folder, click Next and click Start.
5. After back up is completed, click OK.
B. How to restore the backup data
- Upon execution of restoration, the data saved to the destination folder is deleted. If restoration fails or is cancelled, the database becomes empty.
1. Click Start, click All Programs, click SonicStage and then click SonicStage Backup Tools.
2. Click the Restore my saved data to my computer option and click Next.
3. Click Next. Click Browse and specify the targetted folder and click Next.
4. Check the data to be restored and click Next.
5. Click the Restore to backup source folder option or Specify new folder and then click Next.
(For this example, the Restore to backup source folder option is selected).
6. Connect to the Internet and click Next.
7. Click Start and when restoration completes, click Close.