Please refer to the steps below to resolve this problem.
Note: Registries are very important files for the Windows system. Improper editing of registries may cause the failure of the startup of Windows and force the reinstallation the entire system with the Recovery CD-ROM.
Sony is not responsible for any problems that may occur from the editing of registries.
1. Click Start and click Run.
2. In the Open textbox, enter regedit and click OK.
3. Click the following: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Preferences
4. Right-click on the Preferences folder and click New -> DWORD Value.
5. Change the name of New Value #1 shown in the right frame to ForceOnline.
6. Right-click ForceOnline and click Modify.
7. In the Value data textbox, change 0 to 1 and click OK.
8. Close the Registry Editor window.
9. Close all the programs that are running and restart Windows.
For more information, please refer to the following solution in Microsoft's technical website.
Article ID: 317101
Last Modified: Jun 11, 2002
Title: [WMP] Error Message: Windows Media Player Error C00D10B3 - Unable to access the Network