1. Click Start, click All Programs, and then click Microsoft Office 2010.
2. In the Microsoft Office 2010 window, next to Use Office Starter 2010, click Use.
3. In the Office Starter 2010 window, under What is Microsoft Office Starter 2010?, click the Open button.
- This will begin the installation process for the Microsoft Office Starter 2010 software. For users who prefer to purchase and install the complete Microsoft Office 2010 Suite, click the Purchase button.
- If prompted for an administrator password or a User Account Control prompt is displayed, type the appropriate password, or click Yes.
- Once the software has been installed, a Document - Microsoft Word Starter window will open, and the Microsoft Office License Agreement window will be displayed on top of that.
4. In the Microsoft Office License Agreement window, click the license agreement link, read the License Agreement, and then click the Accept button.
NOTE: Users can also click either of the Learn More links or the privacy statement link for additional information regarding the Microsoft Office Starter 2010 software.
5. In the Help Protect and Improve Microsoft Office window, click to select the desired option, and then click OK.
NOTE: If prompted for an administrator password or a User Account Control prompt is displayed, type the appropriate password, or click Yes.
6. Users will now be at the Document1 - Microsoft Word Starter window, where you can begin using the Word Starter 2010 application.
To open either the Word Starter 2010 or Excel Starter 2010 application, click Start, click Microsoft Office Starter (English), and then click the Office Starter application to use.
The Microsoft Office 2010 icon is still present in the Start menu. Use this icon to either activate a full version of Office 2010 previously purchased, or to purchase a full version of Office 2010 online.