- Even if the contents of the CD Drive is shown, no file exists.
- Another VAIO computer is able to read it however.
- Once the session of a file is closed with DirectCD, the VAIO computer cannot read the file.
Once the Operating System is upgraded to Windows® XP, it is not possible for the VAIO computer to read the CD-R in DirectCD because the session is not closed using DirectCD.
During the upgrade of the Operating System to Windows® XP, the Uninstall DirectCD option, which is included in the procedure, will automatically be carried out. Therefore, after the upgrade, the pre-installed DirectCD becomes unusable. Hence, it becomes impossible to read the media in the following states:
- CD-R media that was created with DirectCD but which sessions were not closed
- CD-R media that was created with DirectCD and contains not-closed sessions
To avoid this symptom, please close the session with DirectCD before upgrading the Operating System to Windows® XP.