User can capture and create an audio file in the following ways:
A. Using Sound Recorder by Microsoft® Windows®
The recorded audio file will be in WAV file format. The available maximum length of the audio file is not more than one (1) minute.
B. Using Sony DVgate Version 2.*
The recorded audio file is automatically divided if the duration of the audio file is more than nine (9) minutes and thirty (30) seconds.
To capture an audio track connected through i.LINK:
1. Connect the DV device to the computer.
2. Start DVgate motion.
3. From the MODE menu, select IMPORT-AUTO.
4. Click Settings and click Capture.
5. From the File Type menu, select Sound only and click OK.
6. Set the starting and the ending position of the audio track to be captured.
7. Click CAPTURE or CAPTURE ALL to begin the recording.
8. Specify a folder and a file name and click Save to save the recorded file.
C. Using Real Jukebox 2 Basic
Please contact RealNetworks, Inc. for more details. User may also refer to the Help section of Real Jukebox or Online manual for VAIO Computer.
D. Using MovieShaker version 3.*
In MovieShaker version 3.0 and later, the narration recording function allows users to make an analog recordings on external equipment and then create WAV files. Digital recordings cannot be made.
E. Using SonicStage Mastering Studio
On a VAIO computer pre-installed with SonicStage Mastering Studio, the application allows users to import sound.