To share access to encrypted files, a user who has the privileges of accessing the files has to be added.
Please refer to the steps below:
1. Right-click the encrypted file and click Properties.
2. Click the General tab and click Advance.
3. Click Details and click Add.
4. Select the user who wants to share the access and click OK.
5. Upon adding the user, click OK three times.
- The addition of a user can be executed only by a member of the Administrators group of the user who encrypted the file.
- Even if a specific user is allowed to access encrypted files, the security of encryption is kept intact.
For more information, please refer to the following solution in Microsoft's technical support website.
Article ID: 308991
Title: HOW TO: Share Access to an Encrypted file in Windows XP.
Last reviewed: 26 October 2002