Follow the steps below to set digital playback on each music playback program.
Note: The music playback programs preinstalled to VAIO computers, SonicStage and Windows Media Player, do not work with the settings of digital CD playback on Device Manager.
* To playback music CD with SonicStage
Note: SonicStage Premium always plays back a music CD digitally. There is no need to switch the playback mode (There isn't any window to set the playback mode).
For SonicStage for VAIO, follow the steps below to set the digital playback.
1. Click Start, point to All Programs and click SonicStage.
2. In the SonicStage window, from the Tools menu, click Options.
3. In the Options dialog box, click the CD Recording/Playing 2 tab .
4. In the CD Playing window, click Settings.
5. Select the Digital option and then click OK.
* To playback music CD with Windows Media Player
1. Click Start, point to All Programs and click Windows Media Player.
2. In the Windows Media Player window, from the Tools menu, click Options.
3. In the Option dialog box, click the Devices tab.
4. In the Deviceswindow, double-click CD Drive (Description changes depending on a connected drive).
5. In the CD Drive Properties dialog box, select the Digital option of the Playback box. Then click OK.
6. In the Options dialog box, click OK.
* To playback music CD with other music playback programs
Digital playback of the CD-ROM drive can be set using Device Manager.
Note: The setting method may vary depending on music playback programs. For more details, please contact the vendor of the program.
1. Click Start, right-click Device Manager and then click Properties.
2. Click the Hardware tab and then click the Device Manager button. The Device Manager window appears.
3. Double-click the DVD / CD-ROM drive icon and right-click the displayed name of the CD-ROM drive. Then click Properties.
4. In the CD-ROM Drive Name Properties dialog box, click the Properties tab.
5. In the Digital CD Playback window, select the Enable digital CD audio for this CD-ROM Device check box.
6. Click OK to close all windows and then restart Windows.