Sony recommends user to use the VAIO computer in the factory shipped state. Changing the default settings will void the warranty and reduce the performance of the VAIO computer.
Follow the steps below only if user accepts the consequences of making such changes.
1. Insert Product Recovery CD 1 of 3.
2. Be sure to read and agree to the agreement in the Introduction Readme.
3. Select the Change Partition Size option, and click Next.
4. Select Change drive C to 30GB and D is what remains and click Next.
Note: Due to the limitation of FAT32, user cannot set drive D to FAT32 if other option is selected. FAT32 only accepts hard drive that is less than 32GB.
5. At the Change Partition Size Recovers after changing the partition size dialog box, click Next.
6. At Change Partition Size Restart the computer and start recovery, select the Start Recovery option and click Next.
7. The computer will restart automatically and recover the system.
8. After the system recovery has completed, click Start and click Run.
9. Type diskmgmt.msc and click OK.
10. Select and right-click on drive (D:) and select Format.
11. From File system:, select FAT32 and click OK.