Follow the steps below to disable the Wait for dial tone before dialing settings:
* For Windows 98/SE/Me
1. Start the modem connection.
2. Click Properties.
3. In the General, click Configure.
4. Click the Connection tab and unselect the option of Wait for dial tone before dialing.
5 Click OK.
* For Windows XP
1. Click Start, right-click My Computer and click Properties.
2. Click the Hardware tab and click Device Manager.
3. Double-click Modems and double-click the modem device.
4. Click the Modem tab and unselect the option of Wait for dial tone before dialing.
5. Click the Advanced tab and type atx3 in the Extra initialization commands text box.
6. Click OK.
Note: If the Wait for dial tone before dialing settings are incorrect, the error message Error 680: No dialing tone appears sometimes.