To improve the writing function to an external media, please download the latest Toshiba DVD-ROM SD-R6012 Version 1S34 Firmware Upgrade.
In the Downloads section, please select Notebook and proceed with the steps below:
1. Move the cursor to the relevant Notebook Series and click the model of the VAIO computer.
2. Locate Toshiba DVD-ROM SD-R6012 Version 1S34 Firmware Upgrade and proceed as per instructions on the screen.
This update program will improve the following functionality support:
1. Poor writing function to external media.
2. Writing function fails when using Drag'n Drop CD+DVD Ver3.0.
* If the problem persists after upgrading the DVD-ROM firmware, please check the following:
1. Poor quality of DVD media.
2. Check for latest burning's software updates.
3. Mal-function of hardware.
In the case of hardware mal-function, please contact the local Sony VAIO Helpdesk. For more information on how to contact t local Sony VAIO Helpdesk, please refer to either Customer Service Guide or Warranty Card that comes with the computer, or visit the Support Network of the VAIO website.
- Copying of data is only allowed when the user creates the data or when the user is authorized by the copyright holder to copy the material. If the user does not own the copyright or yet to obtained the approval, the copyright law may be infringed and the user may be liable for the compensation for the losses resulting from such infringement. Please consult a legal party if unsure about copyrights issue.