If you're using a POP3/IMAP email account and you've updated your phone or tablet software to Android 5.0, you may no longer be able to send and/or receive email messages. Try solving the problem by changing the security settings for your POP3 or IMAP email account.
To change the security settings for POP3 and IMAP accounts
- From your Home screen, tap the Application screen icon.
- Find and tap Settings > Accounts.
- Tap the account that you use for the email service (POP3 or IMAP) which isn't working.
- Tap Account settings.
- Tap your email address or the name you've given your email account.
- Find and tap Incoming settings.
- Scroll down to SECURITY TYPE.
- In the list, select SSL/TLS (Accept all certificates).
- Tap DONE.