The Sony Mobile Android™ version 5.0 Lollipop update will be made available during 2015 for the premium Z series of Xperia™ devices as listed below:
- Xperia™ Z
- Xperia™ ZL
- Xperia™ ZR
- Xperia™ Tablet Z
- Xperia™ Z1
- Xperia™ Z1S
- Xperia™ Z Ultra
- Xperia™ Z1 Compact
- Xperia™ Z2
- Xperia™ Z2 Tablet
- Xperia™ Z3
- Xperia™ Z3v
- Xperia™ Z3 Compact
- Xperia™ Z3 Tablet Compact
The first updates to be rolled out will be for the Xperia™ Z3 and Xperia™ Z2 series. Updates for other Z series devices will follow thereafter. Sony Mobile is working hard to bring this major update to as many Z series devices as possible in a timely manner. Users can expect new Sony features, additional functionality and a better user experience with the Android™ version 5.0 software update. For more details and the latest news, visit blogs.sonymobile.com and @SonyMobileNews.
Updating your device
Tip! To check your device's current Android™ version, find and tap Settings > About phone > Android™ version.
When a software update is available, appears in the status bar.
To download and install a system update from the Notification panel
- If you are using a device with multiple users, make sure you are logged in as the owner.
- Drag the status bar downwards to open the Notification panel.
- Scroll down and select the desired system update, then tap Download.
- When the download is finished, open the Notification panel again if it is closed, then tap Install and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
Why hasn't my device received an update yet?
- If no new software is available, it’s possible that you may not have enough free memory on your device. If your Xperia™ device has less than 500 MB of free internal memory (device memory) available, you do not receive any information about new software. The following notification appears in the Notification panel to warn of the lack of storage space: Storage space running out. Some system functions may not work. If you receive this notification, you must free up internal memory (device memory) before you can get notifications about new software being available.
- Software updates are released at different times depending on the operator, market, region or country. Therefore, we cannot give you an exact date for when a specific update will be available for your device. In addition, network operators and specific markets may choose not to avail of the updates for specific models.