Note! Software updates are released at different times depending on the operator, market, region or country. Therefore, we cannot give you an exact date for when the update will be available for your device.
Software build number
- Xperia XZ3: 52.0.A.8.50
- Xperia XZ3 Dual SIM: 52.0.A.8.50
This system software update features
- Android security patch level: 1 May, 2019.
Updating your device
When a software update is available, appears in the status bar.
To download and install a system update from the Notification panel
- If you are using a device with multiple users, make sure you are logged in as the owner.
- Drag the status bar downwards to open the Notification panel.
- Scroll down and select the desired system update, then follow the on-screen instructions.
Tip: Additional information on updating your Xperia device is available here.
Why hasn't my device received an update yet?
- Software updates are released at different times depending on the operator, market, region or country. Therefore, we cannot give you an exact date for when a specific update will be available for your device. In addition, network operators and specific markets may choose not to use the updates for specific models.
- If no new software is available, it’s possible that you may not have enough free memory on your device. If your Xperia device has less than 500 MB of free internal memory (device memory) available, you do not receive any information about new software. The following notification appears in the Notification panel to warn of the lack of storage space: Storage space running out. Some system functions may not work. If you receive this notification, you must free up internal memory (device memory) before you can get notifications about new software being available.