There are 2 methods to determine whether an application is 16-bit or 32-bit.
1. Right-click the desired program's executable files abd click Properties.
2. If the Version tab available, this program is a 32-bit application. Otherwise, it is a 16-bit application.
1. In the event that the desired program is already running, press CTRL + ALT + DEL and click Windows Task Manager.
2. Click the Processes tab .
3. If any 16-bits program is running, the filename Ntvdm.exe will be found in the Image Name column. Just above this filename, user will see indented entries for Wowexec.exe and the executable names of each 16-bit programs running.