Error messages such as :
- Dynamic link error at ...
- Error XXXX running setup
- Fatal Exception errors...
- Invalid page fault
- Internal error XXXX
- Kernel32.dll errors
- Setup error XXXX
- This program has perform an illegal operation...
The above error messages are typically caused when two or more programs conflict, follow the steps below to help identifying the problem.
A) Determine If the Problem is Documented in Web Site
Many of the errors are already documented in the Knowledge Base or FAQs and have solutions. For more information, query on the keywords in the Program Web site's Knowledge Base.
It may be helpful to add the program name in which the problem occurs at the end of the query to narrow your search.
B) Remove and Reinstall the Program
If the problem occurs after you run the Setup program, some of the dynamic link library (.dll) files may be damaged or corrupted. To troubleshoot this problem, first completely remove the program. After you completely remove the program, reinstall the program.
To remove the program, goto [Start] -> [Setting] -> [Control Panel] -> [Add/Remove Programs], select the "XXX Program..." installed and click on Add/Remove button.
Note: It will be advisable to do the following steps before reinstalling the program,
1) Please BACKUP your DATA, as SONY is not responsible for the DATA in your HARD DISK Drive
2) Always restart your computer for every steps you take.
3) Before installing any program, try to disable any application run at background, especially the anti-virus software.
To disable some background tasks, please also check at your windows task bar, right/left click on the icons to quit the particular program.
C) Reinstall Windows (very rare cases)
If the problem still persists after step A) and B), to troubleshoot this problem, remove the installed program as stated in step B), and restart the Windows in Command prompt only and re-setup your windows.
Note: Remember to get ready for your "Product Key" for the Windows, you can find your product key at Certificate of Authenticity book.
1) After uninstall your program, click on [Start] -> [Shut down] -> [Restart your computer].
2) When the Sony logo appears, press "F8" to goto the Microsoft Windows Startup Menu.
3) Select the option, [Command prompt only] and press enter.
4) When C:\> appears, type the following command :
CD \Windows\Options\Cabs and press enter
5) At C:\WINDOWS\OPTIONS\CABS> , type "setup" and press enter to reinstall the Windows.
6) Follow the steps through and after the reinstallation process finish, reinstall your office program with all the background task disabled. (see step B)
D) Recover the System Software back to Original State Using Recovery CD
Before doing recovery using the recovery CD, make sure BACKUP your DATA, to prevent any loss of data. After backup your data, insert the recovery CD inside the CD-ROM and boot-up using the recovery CD. Follows the steps through and this process takes about 30 to 45 minutes. After the recovery process finish, reinstall the program.
Note : SONY is not responsible for the DATA in your HARD DISK Drive, please backup your data.
Lastly, after trying all the above mentioned steps and the problem still persists, please advise user to sent in the computer to the nearest service centre for further diagnostic.