Please refer to the steps below:
Step 1: Select a source device.
Select an input connecter for the source device.
1. Connect a source device to the input connecter Mic/Line-in with an audio connection cable.
2. Click Start and then click All Programs -> SonicStage Mastering Studio -> SonicStage Mastering Studio.
3. Click Input Source and click either MIC, LINE-IN or ASIO DEVICE for the appropriate device.
Step 2: Select the levels of input and noise reduction
1. Click the Input Level Adjustment tab and carry out the playback operation.
2. Click Start and the adjustment of the input level starts.
* For ASIO devices, adjust the input level using their level adjustment function. Adjust the level as high as possible but do not exceed the maximum value. For the adjustment method of the ASIO device, refer to the instruction manual supplied with the device.
3. When necessary, adjust the left/right balance of the input level with the input balance adjustment slider.
Set noise reduction option
Select this option to enable noise reduction functions automatically after the completion of recording.
1. Click the Noise Reduction tab and select the Use Automatic Noise Reduction option.
2. Click Input Sound Source menu to select a sound source.
A. Analog Record
The noise specific to the analog record (crackling noise) is reduced.
B. Cassette Tape
The noise typical to the cassette tape (hissing noise) is reduced.
Step 3: Record sound
A. Record sound without using the sync function (normal recording)
1. Click Recording and click the Recording Settings tab
2. Select/unselect the Automatically place a track mark at the beginning of a song as required.
- When a silent portion exists in the recording song, a track mark may be inserted at that point sometimes.
- When the silent portion between recording songs is short or a large noise exists, a track mark may have been inserted at that point automatically.
3. Disable the Use Synchro-Recording option and test the playback operation.
4. After playback has been verified, click Record Standby and begin recording.
5. Click Stop to stop recording when it is completed.
B. Record sound using the synchro function (synchro recording)
1. Click the Options tab and click Recording.
2. Perform the following settings:
A. Start Level
With this option selected, the synchro recording can be set to start when the input level reaches a certain maximum input level (range of 1 to 30 percent).
B. Maximum recording time
With this option selected, the maximum recording time for one time of recording can be set (range of 60 to 120 mins)
3. Click Stop Recording and perform the following settings:
A. Use Automatic Stop Recording
Select this option to stop recording automatically at a silent portion.
B. Silence level
This option defines the silence level by specifying the percentage of the input level against the maximum input level (range of 1 to 30 percent).
C. Silence duration
This option defines the silence by specifying the silence level duration (range of 15 to 60 seconds).
4. When the settings are competed, click OK.
5. Select the Use Synchro-Recording option and click Record Standby.
6. Carry out the playback operation on the source device. When the input level exceeds the set value, recording starts.
7. Click Stop to stop recording when it is completed.
Step 4: Save the imported song to the hard disk drive
1. Click the Menu tab and click Save Project As ....
2. Click Save.
Note: The default destination is D:\SonicStage Mastering Studio\Projects.
Please follow the steps below to change the destination:
1. Click the Menu tab and click Options.
2. Click Project and click Project Folder.
3. Change the destination by clicking Browse to select the new location and click OK.