When you use the [Open with] option, you can open files with applications other than what (applications with which files
are opened when double-clicked) are associated with the files.
To change the applications associated with the files, refer to the procedure below:
Example: Let's associate a *.txt document with "WordPad".
The *.txt document is usually associated with "NotePad".
1. Right-click on the file you want to change the application that it is associated with.
2. Click [Open with].
3. The [Open with] dialog box appears. Check the [Always use this program to open these files] box and click an application. Click [OK].
If the application you want to associate with is not on the list, click the [others] button. Browse through the applications and click [OK].
4. When the above procedure is completed, the *.txt document is displayed with WordPad when you double-click the *.txt document.
To restore the association that has been changed to its default state, execute the following procedure:.
1. Click [Start] -> [Settings] -> [Control Panel].
2. Double-click the [Folder Options] icon.
3. The [Folder Options] dialog box appears. Click the [File Types] tab and then click the file type you want to restore to the default state from the list in the [Registered file types] box. Click the [Restore] button and click [Close].