What is the setting for the sharing of printer in network?
How do I set to print out documents with a network printer?
!! Attention !!
Make sure the network is constructed properly before you operate networking setting.
1. Settings on the side of the host computer. (The one that is connected to the printer.)
(1) Click [Start] -> [Programs] -> [Accessories] -> [Communications] -> [Home Networking Wizard].
(2) Click [Next] when the [Welcome to the Home Networking Wizard] window appears.
(3) When the [Setup options] window appears, click the [Yes, I want to edit my Home networking settings on this computer.] option button, and click [Next].
****Go to next step if [Setup options] does not appear. The display may be different depending on the PC setting.*****
(4) Keep on clicking [Next] until the [Share files and printers] window appears.
(5) Check the box of the printer under [Select the check box below for printers?c.] and click [Next].
If the printer is not shown in the box, check if the printer driver is installed properly.
(6) Choose [No, do not create a Home Networking Setup disk] in the [Home Networking Setup disk] window, and click [Next].
(7) Click [Finish] in the [Completing the Home Networking wizard] window.
(8) Click [Yes] when the [You must restart the machine for the changes to take effect. Would you like to restart now?] message appears.
(9) When the [Congratulations! Home Networking is set up on this computer.] message appears after your machine has restarted, click [OK].
The settings on the side of the host computer is completed.
2. Settings on the side of the client computer.
(1) Click [Start] -> [Settings] -> [Control Panel].
(2) Double-click the [Printer] icon.
(3) Double-click the [Add Printer] icon.
(4) Click [Next] when [Add Printer Wizard] appears.
(5) Choose [Network printer] in the [How is this printer attached to your computer?] window.
(6) Type the network path or queue in the [Network path or queue name] box.
(Confirm the network path or queue with your network administrator.)
If you are uncertain on the name of network path of queue, click the [Browse] button, and click the printer you are going to use. Click [Next].
(7) Select a manufacturer and printer you are going to use, and click the [Next] button.
(8) You can change the printer name here, and select [No] under [Do you want your Windows-based programs to use this printer as the default printer?]. Click [Next].
(9) Select [Yes] if you want to print a test page. Otherwise, select [No]. Click [Finish].
The settings on the side of the client computer side is completed.