How to disable the power management setting for the wireless LAN adapter in Windows XP?
Disable the power management setting for the wireless LAN adapter in Windows XP.
2. In the Device Manager window, click the plus (+) sign next to Network adapters to expand the selection.
3. Under Network adapters, click to select the appropriate wireless LAN adapter.
4. On the menu bar, click Action and then click Properties.
5. In the Properties window, click the Power Management tab.
6. On the Power Management tab, click to uncheck the box next to Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.
NOTE: Some WLAN adapters have another power saving setting in addition to the one on the Power Management tab. Click the Advanced tab and try to locate a power saving setting. If it exists, disabled it.
7. Click the OK button.