Make settings in the following procedures.
To make the following settings on Windows 2000 allows you to use the shared printer from Windows95, Windows98, and Windows Me.
1) Go into "Settings"-"Printers" from the "Start" button.
2) Right-click the icon of the setting printer and click "Sharing" from the displayed menu.
3) The dialog box of properties of the setting printer appears. Tick the checkbox of "Shared as" and click the button of "Additional Drivers" in the "Sharing" tab. The dialog box of "Additional Drivers" appears. Click the checkbox of "Intel" in "Environment" and "Windows95 or 98" in "Version" respectively and click the "OK" button.
4) You will be requested to insert the disk of Windows 2000 Server but you do not need to do it. Disregard the request and click the "OK" button.
5) Specify the stored location of the driver supplied by the printer manufacturer to "Copy file from" and click the "OK" button. The message that "The file '*.inf' on Windows 2000 Server CD-ROM is needed." appears but you may disregard it.
6) When the driver has been copied, the settings are over.